Hi and we welcome your interest in our programme. Here, you will find essential information if you are considering enrolling into the Bioscience Enterprise Programme as an International student.
If you meet the eligibility criteria described below and would like to apply for the PGDipBioEnt, then please email us copies of your academic record and CV, as soon as possible, in order to start the process.
Please email these details to the following address: email@example.com
Chair Bioscience Enterprise Committee
Applicants to this programme must hold a minimum of the equivalent of a New Zealand Bachelor degree in a life science field. Please click on the following link below to see our programme brochure for details. http://www.biotech.co.nz/enterprise-programme/
- The University of Auckland offers a Postgraduate Diploma in Bioscience Enterprise (PGDipBioEnt) followed by the Master of Bioscience Enterprise (MBioEnt). The Postgraduate Diploma is a prerequisite for entry into the Masters programme. In the first instance applicants must apply (online; see below) to the Diploma programme.
- The PGDipBioEnt and MBioEnt are both one-year programmes. Both commence with an orientation event in the week prior to the start of Semester 1 (late February). There is no mid-year intake and the programme cannot be started any time other than the beginning of Semester 1.
Student entry limit
Entry to the Bioscience Enterprise programme is competitive as we are only able to accept around 25 students each year. Additionally, a high academic standard is required. Applicants need to demonstrate they can achieve the equivalent of a New Zealand B+ as a minimum average grade. The B+ average is also the minimum requirement in order to progress from the Diploma to the Masters year of the programme.
Bioscience Enterprise programme information is available at:
- You may like to read some graduate stories here: http://www.biotech.co.nz/graduate-stories
How to apply to study at the University of Auckland:
Important information for International Students:
Applicants to the PGDipBioEnt programme must provide certified copies of previous academic records and demonstrate English language proficiency. The International Office guides applicants through these requirements once an application has been received. https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/international-students/is-contact-auckland-international.html
Enrolment deadline and fee information
- The deadline for application to the Bioscience Enterprise programme is 1 December 2015. We recommend that International students apply well in advance of this as applying for a study visa for New Zealand can take more than two months.
- Information on applying for a student visa: https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/international-students/is-how-to-apply/is-applying-for-a-visa.html
- International Student fees for the one-year PGDipBioEnt are approximately NZD $38,000.
- In addition to tuition fees, successful applicants will need to cover cost of living expenses. A guide to the cost of living in Auckland is available: https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/current-students/cs-fees-and-money-matters/cs-cost-of-living.html
- For scholarship and funding information: https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/international-students/is-scholarships-loans-and-funding.html
You can find out more about New Zealand’s bioscience industry at http://www.nzbio.org.nz/